30 Days of Prayer for the Church, Nation, and World
30 Days of Prayer for the Church, Nation, and World
“And this is the confidence that we have toward him,
that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.” 1 John 5:14
Day 1 – Infinite and Unchanging in Being
God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.
- This crisis is finite and so are we; give us eyes to see beyond the now.
- Remind us our hope is in the eternal not in our current circumstances and help us to safely share that hope with those around us.
- As our reality changes almost moment by moment and day by day, help us to cling to Your unchanging constancy. You are our Strong Tower, our Hiding Place, and our Rock―help us to run to You.
- You stand outside time and space and know what we must do to get through this time. Grant us Your wisdom.
Day 2 – Infinite in Glory and Blessedness
And Stephen said:
“Brothers and fathers, hear me. The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran,
1 Timothy 6:15
which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
- We confess that we have sought glory in sports, entertainment, a pursuit of beauty and achievement, through education and experiences, and we have not sought You. Forgive us.
- Give us eyes to see Your glory now and help us, Your image-bearers, to carry Your glory into the dark places.
- Be with those who care for the weak and vulnerable who bear Your image.
- Be with the healthcare workers.
- Be with the first responders.
- Help Your followers and the Church to be Your hands and feet in our communities that Your name will be praised.
Day 3 – Infinite Perfection – Holiness
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory!”
And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”
- In the presence of Your holiness, we are acutely aware of our sin.
- We confess, in the face of this crisis, we have been tempted to be selfish, to hoard resources, and to think more about our own needs than the needs of our neighbors. Forgive us.
- Make us more like Jesus. During these hard days, teach us to lovingly sacrifice for those You have given us to love: our families, our neighbors, our communities.
- Teach us the joy of sacrifice as we learn to live in Your Spirit, to respond with Your compassion, and to love with Your unconditional love.
Day 4 – All-Sufficient
When Abram was ninety-nine years old the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless,
- Lord, we confess it is easy to look to those around us―our government, our employer, our healthcare system―to meet our needs.
- Remind us that You are the only One who can sustain us. May we finally see we need You in every moment of our days.
- We need You as we are surrounded by our family. The tight space sometimes brings out our worst. Fill us with Your Spirit.
- We need You to calm our fears―we are sorely afraid of what is to come.
- We need You to make us brave and courageous that we will be faithful stewards of the gospel.
Day 5 – Incomprehensible
1 Kings 8:27
But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you; how much less this house that I have built!
- Lord, we don’t know why You have allowed Covid-19, but we know that only You can use it for our good.
- We cling to Your big-ness, that Your ways and thoughts are higher than ours, and that You are doing far beyond what we can see.
- We seek Your purpose and redemption of this situation.
Day 6 – Omnipresent ‒ Everywhere Present
1 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
- Lord, we cry out to You to make Your presence tangible.
- You are our ever-present Help in times of need.
- Sometimes we feel lonely and rejected, forgotten by You, but Your Word tells us You will never leave us nor forsake us. So, Lord, help us to feel Your presence in our circumstance.
- Be especially with the weakest and most vulnerable in our population.
- Be with the young and old.
- Be with the sick.
- Be with the poor, homeless, and wounded.
- Help us to know You are here with us now.
Day 7 – Omnipotent – Almighty
And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say,
“Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,
who was and is and is to come!”
- Lord, we admit we doubt Your power.
- As the world around us seems to be falling apart, we cling to Your sovereignty.
- Strengthen our faith and help us to rest in Your divine power.
189 total views, 1 views today