30 Days of Prayer for the Church, Nation, and World Days 15 – 30
started from: https://pcaga.org/prayer/day-1/
Day 15 – Healer
“If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”
- In the first days after You delivered Israel from slavery in Egypt, You said, “I am the LORD, your healer.” Oh, Lord, we need Your healing!
- We need You to heal . . .
- Those struck by Covid-19—the sick and suffering.
- Those suffering from spiritual blindness.
- Our land, which is filled with modern idolatry.
- Your people, who are hurting and fearful.
Day 16 – Comforter
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
- We confess that we seek comfort in response to this crisis. We turn to food and drink, entertainment, physical comforts, or we make demands that others can never fulfill, but none of those bring the comfort we seek.
- In these times of suffering, we need Your comfort.
- Give us Your presence, Your peace, Your eternal perspective.
- Fill our minds with Your truth and fill our hearts with Your courage.
- Comfort us, so we may be a comfort to others.
- Use Your people to bring comfort to . . .
- The many who have suffered loss, whether family members, friends, or jobs.
- The hungry and homeless. Help the Church to minister to them in a substantial and safe way.
- The lonely, who must endure this quarantine without companionship. Help Christians to know how to reach out to them safely and to make Your presence with them known.
Day 17- Protector
Deliver me from my enemies, O my God;
protect me from those who rise up against me;
Father of the fatherless and protector of widows
is God in his holy habitation.
He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
- Masks and social distancing are wise practices, but help us to remember that You are our Protector.
- We can be brave and courageous and live without fear because our trust is not in our wise practices but in You. May that knowledge not make us foolish, but faithful.
- We also ask for Your miraculous protection for . . .
- Our healthcare workers. They are on the front lines of this pandemic. Protect them—physically, mentally, and emotionally―as they respond to the needs of their patients.
- Those in emergency services who risk exposure and/or bringing it back to their families because of their jobs. Protect them, Lord. Sustain them and help them to continue to care for those in their communities.
- Our friends and families and those people You bring to our minds—that they will miraculously be kept safe.
Day 18 – Defender
The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.
The Lord your God who goes before you will himself fight for you, just as he did for you in Egypt before your eyes,
- Fear can make us angry or selfish. Lord, help us to remember You are our Defender.
- We mustn’t fight each other―those in our families, in our communities or churches, or those with different political opinions―because those fights distract from the real enemy.
- The evil one would use Covid-19 to divide us, to fill us with fear. In the heavenly realm, Lord, will You fight for us?
- Where there is conflict, will You bring peace? Where there is confusion, will You bring understanding? Where there is anger, will You bring mercy? And where there is division, will You bring unity? Help us to not give the devil a foothold in our homes, our churches, or our nation.
Day 19 – Love
I will recount the steadfast love of the Lord,
the praises of the Lord,
according to all that the Lord has granted us,
and the great goodness to the house of Israel
that he has granted them according to his compassion,
according to the abundance of his steadfast love.
1 John 4:7-8
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- You tell us that the world will know we are Your followers because of our love for one another because You are love. Help us to be agents of Your love.
- Help us to love . . .
- Our families. Being together can be hard; may Your love abound in our homes.
- Our communities, especially our churches. May You bring to our minds the weak and needy in our communities and equip Your people to be the hands and feet of Your love.
- Our nation. So much divides us right now. May Your people be agents of Your love as we seek to be encouragers and faithful stewards of all that You have given us. Help us to be a part of Your solution and redemption of this crisis.
Day 20 – Joy
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
- We confess, sometimes our joy is dependent on our circumstance, not our faith.
- May we find our joy overflowing because of Your presence in our lives and the eternal hope we have in Christ Jesus.
- Turn our grief into dancing and teach us to share our reason for joy with those around us in a loving and winsome way.
Day 21 – Peace
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
- The only way we can be agents of peace is by Your presence because of the work of Christ.
- Lord, help us to rest in perfect peace because of You.
- Help us to be anchored to You―not our circumstances―because You are the Prince of Peace.
- And help us to remember that ultimately our fight for peace was won at the cross and through the resurrection. We don’t have to do anything more, because You have already done it all.
Day 22 – Self-Control
2 Timothy 1:7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- Oh, Lord, how easy it is to face this crisis by either indulging our desires—shopping online, eating and drinking too much, binging on streaming services or online games―or by indulging our fears. May we have self-control that reflects our eternal values and may we live according to the Spirit.
- May we use this time strategically.
- May we seek Your purpose in our quarantine.
Day 23 – Gentleness
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
- Lord, this world is hard, and sometimes we equate gentleness with weakness. But You called Yourself gentle, and Your gentleness never compromises Your strength.
- During these trying times, help us to reflect Your gentleness. Help us . . .
- To willingly serve others.
- To walk in humility.
- To sacrifice and serve the weak and hurting.
- Help our gentleness to be in direct contrast to the hardness of this world in a way that brings glory and honor to Your name.
Day 24 – Compassionate
But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.
- At the tomb of Your friend, You wept. The very act of leaving the glory of heaven to walk in a sinful world reveals Your compassion. Thank You that You see and care.
- Oh, Lord, we are so broken by sin that it is easier to think of ourselves than to see the needs of others. Only through the presence of Your Spirit can we hope to compassionately care for our neighbors, those in our community, and even our nation.
- Grow our hearts and give us:
- Eyes to see others the way You do.
- Hearts to care for the vulnerable.
- Your guidance that we would know what is truly helpful.
Day 25 – Sustainer
You have given me the shield of your salvation,
and your right hand supported me,
and your gentleness made me great.
Cast your burden on the Lord,
and he will sustain you;
he will never permit
the righteous to be moved.
- You call on us to cast our cares upon You because You sustain us.
- We are weak and the burdens of this world are heavy. We are deeply in need of You!
- Our faith that we will not doubt.
- Our resolve to be faithful.
- Our understanding of our need for Your presence in our lives
Day 26 – Helper
Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me!
O Lord, be my helper!
Behold, God is my helper;
the Lord is the upholder of my life.
The Lord is on my side as my helper;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
- You are a warrior-helper. You fight for us and help us to persevere.
- With so much unknown, it would be so easy to quit or give up, but when we bring our burden to You, we can carry on.
- Your help is different. It doesn’t just encourage us, it transforms us. So, Lord, help us to persevere, help us to be faithful, and help us to be like Jesus―for that is our greatest need.
Day 27 – Father
Father of the fatherless and protector of widows
is God in his holy habitation.
He shall cry to me, ‘You are my Father,
my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’
1 Corinthians 8:6
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.
- Before Christ, it was hard to fathom You as our Father.
- Jesus gave skin to Your love, and now we know Your tender care for Your children.
- Oh, Lord, how we want to crawl up into Your lap and know the comfort of Your arms encircling us. We are afraid. We don’t understand what is happening, and we need Your comforting presence.
- Draw us into Your lap, whisper reminders of Your love, and help us to know You are near and You care for us even more than our earthly fathers can.
Day 28 – Salvation
But I am the Lord your God
from the land of Egypt;
you know no God but me,
and besides me there is no savior.
1 Timothy 4:10
For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.
- You are our Salvation; our only hope as we face Covid-19 is You.
- Have mercy on us, Lord.
- Save us for Your Name’s sake.
- Deliver us from Covid-19, we pray.
Day 29 – Redeemer
The Lord redeems the life of his servants;
none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned
You with your arm redeemed your people,
the children of Jacob and Joseph.
- Lord, only You can take ashes and make something beautiful, and only You can take this catastrophe and use it for our good.
- We cry out for Your redemption. That we won’t be defeated or consumed by whatever comes, but that Your Spirit can actually use this crisis in a way that strengthens us individually, that unifies us corporately, and that teaches us things we could never have known or understood without Covid-19.
- So, Lord, in faith, we thank You, and we watch the horizon, believing that we will see Your redemption in an unmistakable way!
Day 30 – Faithful
For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and I walk in your faithfulness.
For the word of the Lord is upright,
and all his work is done in faithfulness.
Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
you have established the earth, and it stands fast.
- Lord, You are faithful, but we are not. We get distracted and forget what we know is true.
- Draw us to You. Teach us to walk in Your ways and make us faithful.
- Use Covid-19 for Your glory. Make us faithful stewards of this time, our resources, and the gospel.
- Use Covid-19 to expand Your kingdom, that people will turn to You in these desperate times.
SOURCE: https://pcaga.org/prayer/day-30/ General Assembly Presbyterian Church of America
652 total views, 2 views today